I am part of the worldwide movement to create peace poles and spread the message of peace in my community and beyond. To date, I have created over 80 unique hand-painted peace poles and garden poles and they have spread throughout my community in SE Iowa, as well as Des Moines, Iowa City, Chicago, Kansas City, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, California and more. I hope you enjoy reading more about Peace Poles, viewing photos in my gallery, and how to order if you are interested.
What is a Peace Pole?
A Peace Pole is a monument that displays the message “May Peace Prevail on Earth” in the language of the country where it has been placed, and usually 3 to 13 additional translations. The message often is referred to as a peace prayer. The idea of Peace Poles was first thought up by Masahisa Goi in 1955 in Japan. The Peace Pole Project today is promoted by May Peace Prevail on Earth International. The first Peace Poles outside Japan were constructed in 1983. Since then, more than 200,000 have been placed around the world in close to 200 countries. (Source: Wikipedia)
May Peace Prevail On Earth is a registered trademark of May Peace Prevail On Earth international. I am a registered partner with the organization and use this phrase with their persmission. A portion of each sale of Peace Poles bearing that phrase is donated to May Peace Prevail on Earth International in support of the Peace Pole Project.
Tell me more about ordering a hand painted Peace Pole by Annie Guldberg:
Symbols and Design Notes:
- Each piece will be hand painted with an assortment of symbols and the wording May Peace Prevail on Earth. Each piece will be unique and different!
- Symbols include: Poppies, Daisies, the Earth, Dove of Peace, Olive Branch.
- Custom Text is available upon request.
- Warm Colors Only (Reds, Oranges, Magenta)
- Cool Colors Only (Purples, blues, greens)
- Monochromatic (one color, blended slightly with similar colors for texture)
How to Order and More:
- Prepayment is required to be added to production schedule. Production is done (weather permitting) approx April-October.
- Expect about 2 weeks after payment is received for creation
- Local pickup or delivery in zip code 52641 is included. 3 sizes are available for shipping: 4″ x 4″ x 3′ with base, 4″ x 4″ x 6′, 4″ x 4″ x 8′. Please ask about delivery outside of Mt. Pleasant.
- Any questions? Email me at annie.guldberg (at) gmail.com
How to care for your Peace Pole:
- Outdoor/UV stable paints and coating are used in every effort for longevity for these pieces, however exposure to the elements may cause weathering and fading over the years. After creation, I brush coat each pole in an outdoor grade polyurethane. This protects the paint from UV fading as well as moisture. I recommend applying a fresh outdoor clear coat yearly, and possibly covering in the winter. Installation in a shady spot will also help extend the life of this piece.
- I recommend seasonally reapplying a spray coat of outdoor polyurethene, such as Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane :
- When you pole is completely dry, gentle wipe off any dust/dirt with a damp cloth, and let dry completely
- On a wind free day, spray several coats of the polyurethane, letting dry completely between each coat. Follow directions on can.
- I recommend repeating this process in the early spring, and end of fall. You can tell if your pole needs to be recoated if it has lost its sheen/shine. That means the polyurethane is wearing off. It’s best to not let it get to that point!
- Please remember- anything placed outdoor is subject to the elements and will weather at varying rates. Even your roof/siding, deck, patio furniture, etc weathers! I have used all proper/stable materials for outdoor use, but nothing outside will last forever.