$200.00 – $350.00
This item is a hand painted Peace Pole by Annie Guldberg.
A Peace Pole is a monument that displays the message “May Peace Prevail on Earth.” The message often is referred to as a peace prayer. The idea of Peace Poles was first thought up by Masahisa Goi in 1955 in Japan. The Peace Pole Project today is promoted by The World Peace Prayer Society as well as other groups and individuals. The first Peace Poles outside Japan were constructed in 1983. Since then, more than 200,000 have been placed around the world in close to 200 countries. (Source: Wikipedia)
Symbols and Design Notes:
- Each piece will be hand painted with a random assortment of symbols and the wording “May Peace Prevail on Earth”. Each piece will be unique and different!
- Symbols include: Poppies, Daisies, the Earth, Dove of Peace, Olive Branch.
Sizes and Pricing:
(all are recommended to install with 2ft below ground)
- 4″ x 4″ x 6′, $200
- 4″ x 4″ x 8′, $250
- 6″ x 6″ x 6′, $300
- 6″ x 6″ x 8′, $350
- Warm Colors Only (Reds, Oranges, Magenta)
- Cool Colors Only (Purples, blues, greens)
- Monochromatic (one color, blended slightly with similar colors for texture)
How to Order and more:
- Place your order here on my website, or email me if you have any questions: email@example.com. Make sure to include your color preference in your order comments.
- Prepayment is required to be added to production schedule.
- Expect about 2 weeks after payment is received for creation
- Local pickup or delivery in zip code 52641 is included. Shipping is not available for this item. Please ask about delivery outside of Mt. Pleasant. Or, you can let me know you plan to come and get it!
- Outdoor/UV stable paints and coating are used in every effort for longevity for these pieces, however exposure to the elements may cause weathering and fading over the years. I recommend applying a fresh outdoor clear coat yearly, and possibly covering in the winter. Installation in a shady spot will also help extend the life of this piece.
5% of each Peace Pole sale will be donated to The Fellowship Cup in Mt. Pleasant, IA.
Production is limited (weather permitting) to approx. April-October.
4" x 4" x 6', 4" x 4" x 8', 6" x 6" x 6', 6" x 6" 8'